BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

2/02/2010

Calories Are Overrated. Nutritional Value is the Real Deal....And Dieting Doesn't Really Work, Eating Healthy Does!

Thoughts of the Day: 
  I know this is a change about what I write about but I'm putting this out there because I know my readers tend to be around my age, along from some family members and maybe a few bored freaks who randomly stumble upon things on the internet.
   I read an article today about how school lunches still suck. Even though they cut all the fat and some calories out, the food is still bad for you. This is why I bring my lunch to school. A lot of my friends seem to think calories play a major role in health and weight loss. The truth is, they don't.  People, calories really are nothing. Sure, it's not going to be great to eat something that's 2000000000 calories, but it's all about nutritional value. Your body doesn't stop when you are full of calories, your body stops being hungry once you're full of your daily vitamins! If your diet consists of iceberg lettuce, you're probably heavier (and less healthy) than someone who eats a full three meals and lettuce other than iceberg, like spinach, which actually contains some calories. And all that sh*t and chemicals they put into "diet" stuff. It usually makes you eat more. Why don't people tell you these things? $$$ Just one of the things I learned on my path to being a vegetarian....
  And eating healthier is ten times better than dieting. Sure, those little tiny portions may help you lose weight now, but what happens when you go back to eating like a regular person? Use your brain. But why do people spend so much money on diets? Companies know you want to look good, and they convince you into thinking their product will make you look good, and as long as it does temporarily, they make tons of money off you! Then, once it wears off, you go back to another diet, and...Jesus, just learn how to eat your vegetables instead of eating 1 centimeter thick brownies!
  
Quote of the Day:
"The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling."
~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, 
What the River Knows, 1990


Song of the Day: 




  



0 comments: